MUJEN Shiso Collins
Want a modern take on a classic cocktail? Let Ash Miyasaki, Lead Bartender at Mes Amis in Hollywood, show you how with MUJEN Original.
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz shiso syrup
- 1 ½ oz MUJEN Original
- 2 - 3 oz club soda
- Glass: Collins
- Garnish: shiso leaf & lemon twist
- Add all non-carbonated ingredients and ice to shaker
- Shake well and strain to Collins glass with ice
- Top off with club soda and stir to combine
- Garnish with shiso leaf and lemon twist
- How to make shiso syrup: Combine ½ cup of hot filtered water with 1 oz of fresh cleaned shiso leaves (approx. 10 leaves). Allow leaves to steep for 5 minutes to make tea. Remove the spent leaves from the liquid and discard. Combine equal parts granulated white cane sugar and shiso tea. Stir until sugar is thoroughly dissolved. Let cool & store inthe refrigerator.
Shiso is so much more than just a garnish. The aromatic herb from Japan is known for its citrusy flavor and distinctive shape. Here Ash Miyasaki, Lead Bartender at Mes Amis in Hollywood, creates a Shiso syrup to give this refreshing classic cocktail a modern update with an added depth of flavor.